Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sortie 1: excercise 3,4i

today... is the day.. big day. and a big mistake to start it off.

24/01/08 date of comencement. i started my flying programme to day. it wasn't exactly a good start too. technically, 19/01/08 was suppose to be my first sortie, but due to bad weather, it was cancelled.

everyone has bad days right... today was just another one of them. it started off ok. i met my instructor an hour before my flight for briefing. and he said: go ready yourself, i'll meet you back here in ops room at 1410 and then we'll leave.

1410 hours

the thing about my instructor, is.... he's a nice guy. just that once up in the air, it gets really really mono and dull. and not really, i didn't really like how my first sortie turned out, but it was an exhilerating experience. my external checks performance was a fiasco, because, under pressure, i completely forgot the parts of the aircraft.....my instructor just corrected me and explained to me. nice guy, so full of patience.

well, everything was going ok, until he asked me what was the airmanship for this excercise... my fault again, wasn't ready for anything as usual. then he nagged at me.....

then he asked me for the principles of EOCS... and again, i couldn't answer him...

for one reason, i couldn't hear him at all. everytime he chooses to talk, he talks along with the people on the radio. and he talks softly. so again, i messed up quite abit in the air... will do better next time.

all it all, flying is nothing like anything on this earth. i just hope i get used to it ASAP. an jon.... please stop putting :deadddd on my tag board.... put up something nice. it's my birthday this weekend, say something nice.

No comments: